Data protection declaration ePapers
The careful, conscientious and legally compliant handling of your personal data and their protection are of great importance to us, Media Carrier GmbH.
The ePapers are digital magazines and newspapers (hereinafter: digital publications) that we sell through our digital kiosk. This data protection declaration applies to your personal data collected in this context.
In the following we will inform you about the collection of personal data when using the digital kiosk.
Section I - ePapers that can be ordered (fee-based / free)
This Section I applies to digital publications that can be ordered individually as part of an order process for a fee or free of charge via the digital kiosk. Section II regulates the exclusive purchase of digital publications via the digital kiosk.
§ 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) Personal data are any data that personally relate to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The data controller responsible for processing the data collected on this site pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Media Carrier GmbH
80939 München, Germany
Managing directors: Philipp J. Jacke
Register court: Munich HRB 194121
VAT ID No.: DE 279651768
Telephone +49 89 32471 47 00
Fax +49 89 32471 66 4264
(3) When you contact us by email, the data you provide (e.g. email address, name and, if applicable, telephone number, content, etc.) will be stored and processed by us in order to be able to answer your questions. The data processing for the purpose of contacting us takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. We delete the data that arises in this context after it is no longer required to be stored, for example because your request has been answered, or we limit processing if there are statutory retention requirements.
(4) Our website and the digital kiosk may not be used by people who have not yet reached the age of sixteen.
(5) We may pass on your personal data to companies in the MELO group of companies in order to be able to provide the services you have requested and to enable a uniform customer management system. Media Carrier GmbH is a member of this group of companies. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interests follow from the aforementioned purposes.
(6) MELO Service GmbH, Muthmannstrasse 1, 80939 Munich provides us with hosting and displaying the website and the digital kiosk. All personal data that is collected in this context is processed on the servers of MELO Service GmbH. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interests follow from the aforementioned purposes.
(7) To prevent unauthorised access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data, the order process is encrypted, SSL encryption (Secure Socket Layer). In addition, we implement physical, technical and administrative security measures to adequately protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and modification. These security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access restrictions to our data centres, and authorisation controls for access to data.
§ 2 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When using our website for purely informational purposes, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. This information is saved temporarily in a “logfile”. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data:
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Request status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transmitted
- Website from which the request came
- Operating system and device
- Language and version of the browser software.
We will process the data stated for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- To evaluate system security and stability, as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
(2) In order to make visiting our website user-friendly and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. Cookies are small text files which are automatically stored on your end device.
Use of technically necessary cookies:
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient Cookies
- Persistent Cookies.– persistent cookies (see c).
(b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These especially include session cookies. These store a so-called session ID with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
(c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
(d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
(e) You can see the duration of storage in the overview in the cookie settings of your web browser.
(3) The legal basis for the aforementioned data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interests result from the purposes mentioned (functionality of the website, evaluation of system security and stability, increasing user friendliness, etc.). We store this data for as long as is necessary for the purposes mentioned.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when ordering via the digital kiosk
(1) If you would like to order a digital publication in our digital kiosk, in order to conclude the contract it is necessary that you provide personal data in the order form (e.g. email address, selected digital publication, payment method, purchase price, etc.). We also need this personal data in order to process your order. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 clause 1 lit. b GDPR.
(2) Due to commercial and tax law requirements, we are obliged to save your order data for the duration specified by law. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 S.1 lit. c of the GDPR. After the retention periods under tax and commercial law have expired, we will delete your order data unless you have consented to further use or we reserve the right to continue using it, which is permitted by law and about which we will inform you in this declaration.
(3) In addition, when a digital publication is downloaded, we save:
- Date of the download
- Media Box language
- Media Box used
We save and process this data in order to guarantee and improve the technical stability and security of the digital kiosk. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interests follow from the aforementioned purposes. We store this data for as long as is necessary for the technical stability and security of the digital kiosk.
(4) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your order, in particular payment service providers (e.g. PayPal, mobile phone providers, etc.). We pass on your order data to these companies for order processing. When processing your order, you may be redirected to the websites of these companies, whose data protection declaration also applies in this case. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 clause 1 lit. b GDPR.
§ 4 Email advertising with newsletter registration
(1) If you register for our newsletter, we will inform you regularly by e-mail about interesting offers regarding traveling by plane and access to digital publications and their content. Registration is voluntary.
(2) The only required information for sending the newsletter is your email address. We save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 S.1 lit. a GDPR.
(3) In addition, we will store your IP address and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interests follow from the aforementioned purposes.
(4) To subscribe to our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after you have registered, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you have given, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter.
(6) After unsubscribing, we will delete your e-mail address unless you have consented to further use or we reserve the right to continue using it, which is legally permitted and about which we will inform you in this declaration (e.g. when purchasing a digital publication ).
(7) The newsletter is processed on our behalf by a service provider (MailChimp: The Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, Georgia 30308), to which we will pass on your e-mail address. This service provider is based in the USA. The data transfer to this company takes place in accordance with the GDPR because standard data protection clauses acc. Art. 46 para. 2 lit. c) GDPR apply, which you can access here (https://mailchimp.com/legal/data-processing-addendum).
§ 5 Surveys
(1) If we ask for your opinion as part of a survey, we will save and process the personal data you provide there in order to improve our service and our products. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 S.1 lit. a GDPR. Your participation in such a survey is voluntary.
(2) We store this personal data for as long as it is necessary to improve our service and our products or for as long as you revoke your consent to this data processing.
§ 6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google"), if you have given your consent. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. If IP anonymization is enabled on this website, Google will first abbreviate your IP address if you are located within the member states of the European Union or other states party to the agreement within the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of Media Carrier GmbH, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website activity and internet usage.
(2) You can revoke your consent to the aforementioned data processing at any time with effect for the future. Please use the contact details given under § 1.
(3) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension. Through the use of this tool, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, thus making it impossible to associate them with a specific person. If the data collected about you can be linked to a person, this will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(4) We use Google Analytics in order to analyse the use of our website and enable regular improvements. The statistics obtained in this way enable us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 para. 1 S.1 lit. a GDPR.
(7) After you withdraw your consent or after we no longer use Google Analytics, the data collected in this context will be deleted.
§7 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
- Right of information (Article 15 GDPR),
- Right of rectification (Article 16 GDPR),
- Right of deletion (Article 17 GDPR),
- Right to have the processing restricted (Article 18 GDPR),
- Right of data portability (Article 20 GDPR),
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data violates this regulation (Art. 77 GDPR), A data protection supervisory authority responsible for you is among others:
Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision
Postfach 1349, 91504 Ansbach, Germany
(3) You are allowed to give your consent to data processing (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR) at any time to us. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future. The legality of the data processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation remains affected. Please send your revocation to the contact details mentioned under § 1.
(4) Right to object to the processing of your data pursuant to Article 21 GDPR),
Right to object
- You have the right, for reasons that arise from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you, which is based on Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR (data collection to safeguard a legitimate interest); this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. The objection means that we no longer process this personal data, unless we can prove compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims .
- If we process your personal data in order to operate direct mail, you have the right to object to this processing at any time; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising. The existence of a special situation, as in a), is therefore not necessary for an effective objection to direct mail. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
Section II - Free ePapers only
This section II regulates the purchase of exclusively free ePapers. This section applies if you are asked to agree to the terms and conditions of use and the data protection declaration before the digital kiosk is displayed. The digital kiosk will not be displayed or cannot be used without your consent.
In this case, the following paragraphs apply accordingly:
§§ 1, 2, 3 para. 3, 4 - 7.
Media Carrier GmbH, 07.09.2020